- Ongoing: Created FCPS Encouragement
Fund to support homeless and unaccompanied students going to college.
- May: Donated 75 containers of formula and 81 packages of wipes to Women Giving Back and $225 to Fairfax Diapers
- March/April: Sponsored 3 dinners at Second Story and coordinated the collection of 100 masks from local mask makers; sponsored a meal for 20 at The Lamb Center; and sponsored half a pallet of sanitary products for BRAWS
- March: Worked with The Windward Foundation to create and deliver 35 Alzheimer's Caregiver Care Packages and help launch this amazing new program
- February: Created 30 handmade blankets and care packages for Life with Cancer
- January: Donated more than $2000 in in-kind donations for VPC's Hypothermia Center
- December: Donated $1650 FCPS Foundation Kids in Need Fund to support the holidays
- November: Supported Second Story with 36 Thanksgiving Baskets, $725 in gift cards and Dinner for the Young Mother's Program
- October: Collected 297 bags of clothing and 282 handbags and hosted a night sorting for Women Giving Back
- September: Collected and sorted 17,000 Diapers for Fairfax Diapers
- August: Created 100 Food for Others P3 Packs
Thursday, May 14, 2020
Celebrating Our First Ten Months!
Since we began in August, Social4Good has operated with six Rules of Engagement and created opportunities to support the organizations that make our community stronger.
Whether meeting in a member's home or hosting zoom happy hours, we have inspired members to collectively make a difference.
As we move forward in these uncertain times, Social4Good is intentionally supporting those organizations that are meeting basic and critical needs. Watch this space for projects for June, July and August.
on May 14, 2020