SOCIAL4GOOD DELIVERS HOPE & JOY
TO ALZHEIMER'S CAREGIVERS!
When the project was launched, S4G members quickly signed up to sponsor 30 Windward Foundation caregivers, send packages to five of their own loved ones, and bake or sponsor cookies from the FCPS Davis Center to provide something delicious and homemade.
On March 12th, 18 members met to learn more about The Windward Foundation, the impact caring for a loved one can have on families, and create care packages which included cards specially designed by Oakton High School's honors art students signed by the S4G members.
On Friday, S4G volunteers personally delivered boxes and balloons to show support and kindness for each recipient. The stories each caregiver tells is filled with love and compassion.
- A caregiver who drives 100 miles a day, 4 days a week to take her husband to an adult day center for those with cognitive impairments.
- A woman who has been caring for her husband since he was diagnosed 8 years ago at 58.
- A man who cared for his wife for as long as he could and then faced the stress of finding the best care while facing financial and emotional challenges."My dad had so much fun looking through the box...He said no one has ever asked if he was ok. Thank you for making our day."
- An S4G member's neighbor who recently moved her mom to a memory care unit. "This is the loveliest thing. I am just so touched and it has made my day! Truly! Thank you! 💜"
- A Vienna resident who was surprised and grateful "thank you so much, this is so unexpected and so nice of you to be out doing this with all that is going on."
Rabab Butti S4G member, Alzheimer's caregiver, and Hope & Joy care package deliverer said, "The Windward Foundation" care packages to caregivers of Alzheimer's patients is a beautiful recognition to the caregiver and the patient. The recipients were truly appreciative of the thoughtfulness and personal visit - especially when so many are feeling even more isolated during the virus."
If you or a loved one is providing care to someone with Alzheimer's, The Windward Foundation provides community, support, resources during every step of the journey.