The Fall Has Been a Whirlwind of Social AND Good!
September: Fairfax Diapers
"Fairfax Diapers is incredibly honored to have been the recipient of the generosity and goodness of the members of Social4Good for a third year. Hands down, you are the best group out there to get the job done. Your dedication to helping vulnerable individuals in our community month after month is inspiring and we appreciate you!" Christine Kenny, Fairfax Diapers Founder
Fairfax Diapers goal is to ease the challenge of diaper insecurity and to raise awareness of this need in our community.
- Good: For the past three years, S4G has hosted a diaper drive to support Fairfax Diapers in anticipation of Diaper Need Awareness Week. This year, S4G members donated cash and direct diaper contributions totalling 22,789 diapers - raising our three year total to 67,600 diapers for local families in need!
- Social: Members gathered at Fairfax Diapers' Founder, Christine Kenny's, home to package up diapers for delivery. After the hard work, members socialized, enjoyed refreshments and listened to Christine speak about the work of Fairfax Diapers and her recent delivery of diapers to newly arrived Afghan refugees along with others in need in our community.
"While the subject of abused children is heartbreaking, the therapists who joined us and explained their role and procedures, left me with confidence that our youngest victims are getting very good care and help with healing." S4G Member
SafeSpot is a child-focused and safe environment for child victims of sexual and severe physical abuse. Multi-disciplinary teams strive to reduce the number of interviews a child goes through to prevent further trauma, while also promoting healing, ensuring their safety and strengthening families.
- Good: During October, S4G raised more than $2,200 to benefit SafeSpot with $1,850 in financial contributions, $200 in Wish List therapy supplies and an East Meets West Yoga sponsored hike, the proceeds of which were gifted to SafeSpot. Contributions will enable Safespot therapists to purchase tablets and accessories needed for telehealth appointments for those families who cannot afford electronics, as well as additional supplies used in therapy that provide children an outlet for their emotions.
- Social: Members gathered for brunch to create healing stones with inspirational messages and learn more about the only children's advocacy center in Fairfax County from therapists who shared their experiences working with traumatized children and their families.
We are so grateful for the wonderful work Social4Good did for our Veteran families. They are so appreciative of the gift baskets, bedding, linens & flowers. We can’t thank you enough. Your volunteers are rockstars! Deborah L. Snyder, LTC (R), US Army, President & CEO, Operation Renewed Hope Foundation
Operation Renewed Hope Foundation mission is to provide quality housing and supportive services to our Nation’s homeless Veterans.
- Good: S4G members donated financial and in-kind support to provide formerly homeless Veterans and their families with 25 welcome baskets and bedding, towels, pillows, lamps and gift cards for ORHF to provide to clients in need of gas or groceries. S4G also received a generous $500 donation from ORR Partners to support the Veterans and their families.
- Social: Our onsite social project was a huge success! Members weeded, trimmed and filled 43 yard bags with leaves and yard debris. After working hard to spruce up the yards of Veterans' homes, members attended the ribbon cutting on a recently renovated house where ORHF honored the family who will be moving into their new home.